Thursday, January 22, 2009

Part 2: Starbucks

Beep

“One unread message”

I open and see a message from Sweets:*
This was a few hours after our last conversation. What could he possible say now?

“I’m sorry. Walla I’m so sorry. You deserve better then me. You’re what every guy wants…beautiful, kind, and sweet but I’m not right for you. You should know you always have me as a friend but please…forget me… Move on...T7amlay eb roo7ich...Goodnight”

I know he felt guilty...the message was sent at 4am.
But what kind of sorry message was that!?!?
He wants me to forget him, but he’s a friend at the same time!?!?
How could he??

I thought he was the one…

We we’re planning to get engaged soon…
How could that be? Does he really not love me anymore…or did he just say that to push me away?

But he said those words anyways…and I really don’t think I can forgive him…my baby. my sweets.


After deleting the message, I tried to block him out of my mind.
I cried myself to bed that night...the day Khalid said he has no feelings for me.
I kept repeating that line in my head over and over again, not believing what had actually happened…how one person can go from loving someone to…nothing.

Waking up the next day, I decided I was going to stay at home and feel sorry for myself. I called my best friend and told her everything that had happened.

She was in shock because Khalid was her friend in the first place and she was the one who played matchmaker with us.

Sara was like “I know he’s a very moody guy…but this is unexplainable. It doesn’t make sense. Walla babe you deserve someone so much better…estabeen feeh?
Ana, “but he’s the love of my life. I never felt this way about anyone before.
Sara: Hun if he was the love of your life he’d still be with you. I know it’s harsh to say bs 5alah ewali..hie wayehi akeed berid et7asaf bs by that time intay bekon 3indch wa7id a7san oo a3jab minah..sadgeeeeniiiiii”
Ana: “I know you’re right babe..bs right know I feel like shit..I feel sorry for myself because I didn’t see it coming. I’ll just sit at home mabi achoof a7ad…
Sara: 3balch ba5leech yalla babe dress up we’re going to starbucks...I’m picking you up in an hour.
Ana: la…
Sara: mo kaifch yalla byeeee best friend.

So…an hour later Sara picks me up and we’re on our way to starbucks. That place has been our hangout for the past couple of years. I think we know everyone there. We go in, say our usual hellos to our friends and acquaintances, usually people from our school or neighboring schools. We go and order our drinks and decide to sit outside because the weather is so beautiful and cold.

We go outside…sip our hot caramel macchiato…suddenly… I see HIM.
He’s walking to starbucks looking like he hasn’t slept well. He sees me…and we’re just staring at each other for a milli-second…and I quickly turn my head away...
I act like he doesn’t even exist... I don’t turn back to take a second look...my friends keep telling me “oh, he staring”...” why is he looking”, “why does he look like crap” oo “estabeen feeh?”

Why is he playing mind games with me? Why is he staring?

I decided from that day forth…I deserve better.

I will not chase someone that doesn’t want me…no more trying…no more calling…it’s time to let go…

Khalid saying those words changed everything...

I had a feeling that…things will never be the same again…

No comments:

Post a Comment